Pages

20.8.10

thankful

it's easy to get caught up in the day to day of life and forget about the big picture.

the other day i found myself thinking about all the problems in my life... i would list them, but that would defeat the purpose of this post. i really had myself feeling like debbie downer. what happened?
to offset the debbie downer, here is a list of what i'm thankful for.

1) I live in America - "land of the free and home of the brave" - we have many freedoms other countries lack.
2) A roof over my head - sure I'm moving in 3 weeks, AND it's 3 weeks before my due date, but I have a place to live (and room for visitors) :) There are so many people in this country and world who are homeless.
3) A great JOB with benefits - health insurance, vacation pay, 401k, and MORE (thanks Murray & MacDonald Insurance)
4) Family and friends who love and care about me
5)  A WONDERFUL, amazing, supportive husband :)
6) We (the hubster & I) each have a car to drive
7) Good health, pregnancy is going well. I can walk, run, rollerblade, swim, ski, etc - many people are handicapped and can't do the above items.
8) I live in a beautiful area
9) I am not starving; I can go to the grocery store and buy whatever I want - some people can't afford to buy food, while others in the world can't buy food because there is no food on the shelves. I don't have this problem.
10) Clothes, shoes, accessories, etc, heck I could go through my wardrobe and give away many items.

Those are the big items...

Here are a few things I'm thankful for, this week...
1) Watched the Falmouth Road Race. Both my parents ran; I was able to cheer them on, as well as cheer on a few friends. My mom beat her time from last year. This is great news!! 
       a) Fall 2007 my mom became ill with idiopathic (don't know where it comes from) transverse (across) myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord)- yeah, what's that?! The doctors didn't know. She was semi paralyzed from her chest down. Semi b/c she had feeling and could move her legs, but she couldn't walk. It felt like pins and needles from her chest down. She has been in recovery mode since... it took a week to walk again; recovery has been slow, but she still has problems with her feet. She runs slower than before the illness - which is why I'm so proud of her beating last year's road race time!
2) Girl time with my friend Lia Sunday evening :)
3) Swimming at Chapoquoit Beach with my mom Monday & Tuesday evening - so refreshing
4) Rollerblading along Ipswich River Wednesday morning before work
5) Meeting w/Ken, Kim and the hubster at Starbucks before Ken left for school!
6) Going to Barnes & Noble Wednesday evening - relaxing to sit and read
7) My childbirth class w/the hubster Thursday evening - feeling more prepared for my upcoming hospital stay...
8) Dinners in w/the hubster
9) Baby shower in my honor this Sunday :) yippee!
10) Buying local produce - yum!

so, now my question to you is...
what are you thankful for? think BIG picture or just think for the DAY or the WEEK.

No comments: