HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
I love you. You are the best dad a girl could every ask for... Thanks for all you've done and continue to do for me... I don't have any "old" pictures to post... maybe I can scrounge up a few at a later date...
Thanks for the memories...
- Playing with us kids: biking, soccer, kick the can, croquet, baseball, basketball... you always made time for us
- Going to Dairy Queen in the summer and walking along Falmouth Harbor - Introducing me to my love of ice-cream
- Building us a sandbox and kick butt swing-set (hope you'll put up some swings for Baby Alpine, hint hint)
- Turning our basement into an awesome playroom at Brigantine
- Sending us kids to Sweden many many many summers to spend time with family and enjoy the land of the midnight sun
- Taking us on numerous trips to Florida
- Driving to Florida b/c we begged you to drive
- Buying us quality snorkeling gear inspiring my love for the ocean
- Taking on snorkeling trips in Boca and the Keys
- Taking us skiing... oh how I love to hit the slopes
- Teaching me that life is short and I need to enjoy it... take in the views
- Not accepting that your daughter is a better, faster skier than you and continue to race her every chance you get...
- Building a bigger house for us kids so we could all have our own bedroom
- Letting me get first pick of the bedrooms
- Sending me to Ecuador to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins, FIRST CLASS
- Sending me to Sweden for a year in High School
- Supporting me at my sporting events
- Putting me through college
- Hiking up and skiing down Tuckerman's Ravine
- Introducing me to hiking... which I LOVE!!
- Taking the family to Maine many summers - spending time boating, wake-boarding, tubing, swimming, eating ice-cream and relaxing on the porch
- Family bike trips to the Vineyard in the summer
- Teaching me how to grill meat the right way ;) medium rare
- Introducing me to sushi in Homeport... :)
- Introducing me to "fine dining" at the Regatta
- Introducing me to golfing & making me take golfing lessons b/c you never had the chance, you wanted your kids to have a chance
- Providing a summer job for me - it was a constant learning experience
- Teaching me about good customer service: answer the phone w/a smile - among others
- NOT letting me work for you once I graduated college
- Giving me the opportunity to work for you once I had JOB EXPERIENCE in the working world
- Marrying Caleb and me - that was super special :)
- Allowing me to work from a home office once I got married
- Providing a company car to drive to and from work (I work 3 days from home and 2 days in the office)
- Going to swimming with me at Chappy
- Inspiring me to run the Falmouth Road Race... I've ran it 3 or 4 times and I would gladly run it this year, but the belly hinders me :)
- Encouraging me to be wise with my money - live responsibly
- Encouraging me to think outside the box
- Making me write goals :)
- Telling me it's VITAL to NEVER stop learning - which I witnessed as you were determined to learn how to play the piano at age 42 - you bought a piano and took lessons... 10 years later you are playing on the worship team at church and doing a great job :)
- Teaching me about Jesus
- Your love and respect for your faith
Dad, there are oh so many memories I have and the list above does not begin to express them. Thanks for all the memories. Thanks for the educational moments. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for you.